Senior Special Technology Eng IIApply Job ID 6380238 Date posted 12/02/2017
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE is the #1 lighting manufacturer in North America and a worldwide leader in lighting solutions. Our products feature innovative design and energy saving technology. We sell products for homes, businesses and vehicles primarily under the SYLVANIA brand name in the US, and operate under the OSRAM brand in Europe, China and beyond. Around 60 percent of sales come from energy-efficient products.
Be part of our top notch R&D organization. Engage in cutting edge development on innovative products, applications and interfaces. Work with the best and most talented engineers and scientists in the world in our state of the art facilities.
The successful candidate will design and develop power supplies for LED based lamps. This entails electrical design of the LED drive circuits with AC or DC input for voltage-controlled or current-controlled systems.
Bring your expertise to improve the electronic driver efficiency of LEDr lamps. Candidate will work with a high level of technical creativity and independence to solve unique and complex technical problems. Candidate will be a key project contributor and a project leader with accountability for specific project results.
Development activities include:
• Perform product design and development activities with a high degree of independence and creativity.
• Generate engineering documentation e.g. specification, schematics, layouts, BOM and qualification reports
• Work with the regulatory agencies (e.g. UL, FCC, CSA) to obtain relevant approvals
• Perform/Support qualification tests related to electrical, thermal, EMI and environmental requirements.
• Be responsible from start to finish for new product development including product definition, design, parts selection and qualification.
• Work closely with our manufacturing and quality departments and with vendors and external partners
• Interface with Marketing
What we look for
• Demonstrated competency in design of power electronics
• Working knowledge of switch-mode power supplies and its power conversion topologies like PFC, boost/buck/flyback converters etc
• Understanding of current and voltage waveforms in power conversion circuits
- Experience in power component selection and design of magnetic parts
- Working knowledge of UL and EMI requirements for lighting systems and electronic power supplies
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols like ZigBee, BLE, Wi-Fi etc is a plus
- Knowledge of IoT and networking protocols for the same is a plus
- RF circuit design, testing, schematic & PCB layout knowledge.
- Knowledge of microprocessors and programming of the same is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills; excellent project documentation skills.
Job Family: Electrical Engineering
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.