Purchasing / Commodity ManagerApply Job ID 6439677344 Date posted 04/06/2021
The position is responsible for the strategic and tactical purchasing, including but not limited to, sourcing of indirect material and services commodities.
- Develop and implement regional commodity strategies in alignment with the business units and commodity business teams.
- Evaluate market conditions and potential strategic partners for assigned commodities and purchased products and services.
- Drive cost reduction and Contribution to Net Income targets in all venues and commodities in line with agreed global targets.
- Develop cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria in line with global/regional strategy.
- Negotiation of regional/strategic purchasing contracts and pricing agreements.
- Budget Planning & Forecasting for related commodities.
- Manage vendors to adhere to corporate guidelines and compliance initiatives.
- Manage vendors to adhere to corporate financial terms and conditions.
- Represents the company as the primary external contact for Procurement.
- Implement/Coordinate supplier selection based on Total Cost of Ownership criteria(incl. quality, reliability, delivery, transport costs, etc.).
- Lead and manage supplier performance evaluation.
- Maintain ongoing assessment of sourcing risks and proposed alternatives.
- Implement to ensure conformity to corporate process standards and concepts to achieve optimum benefits.
- Participate on national and international pooling teams.
- Demonstrated successful track record of effective matrix management and management of outside contractors and/or vendors. Proven success in effectively managing through influence and directly by prioritizing tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadline.
- Strong problem resolution and decision making skills and be able to resolve elevated issues, be creative and resourceful and display sound judgment and demonstrate accountability.
- Strong financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the LEDVANCE organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Ability to mentor/coach junior levels to assist in their carrier development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree plus minimum of 8 years related experience to be proficient in role.
- ERP Experience (preferably SAP).
- Microsoft tools (excel/power point).
- STRONG negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated self-initiative in previous positions with strong Customer Service focus.
- Understanding of different regional markets to leverage opportunities.
- Position location can be Westfield, IN or Versailles, KY.
- Selected candidate will be on-site daily during regular business hours.
- Relocation and/or work sponsorship is not available with this position.
- This position is eligible for the LEDVANCE employee referral program.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.