Import Logistics Specialist/ManagerApply Job ID 14568669632 Date posted 09/17/2021
- Oversees transportation and distribution system and procedures to ensure the efficient and economical delivery of the organizations products import from oversea.
- Reviews proposals and makes recommendations for modifications in rates and transportation regulations. Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Develops and implements effective monitoring, evaluation and improvement actions for performance of all freight forwarders, carriers (overseas, rail, and truck) and ancillary services to ensure shipment integrity, on-time delivery, and effective claims resolution to support industry leading service performance.
- Engages third party services when necessary.
- Manages individual contributors, heavily involved in day to day work, sets objectives on a department wide basis. Specific hands on knowledge in international container pricing and fees.
- Maintain good records for specified time as per Customs/TSA Requirements.
- Overall knowledge of import logistic functions to include operations, KPIs, overall supply chain and transporting.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
- Participate in continual improvement process related to Compliance Program and manage document revisions of internal controls and procedures.
- Requires BS plus minimum 5 years related experience, or Master degree plus minimum 3 years related experience to be proficient in role.
- Preferred 3-5 years management experience if for manager role.
- Preferred candidate will be fluent in Chinese.
Position can be located in either Lexington, Kentucky/ Los Angeles, California area.Some travel required.
Position qualifies for LEDVANCE employee referral bonus program.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.