Senior Sales Specialist (Luminaires)
Apply Job ID 12373871 Date posted 06/26/2019
Your new responsibilities
PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE:
Our Heritage: almost 100 years of experience, expertise and success in the lighting industry
Our Brands in our Portfolio: OSRAM, SYLVANIA (in USA)
Our New Business: luminaires for trade and retail customers, smart home products (including the current LIGHTIFY home products)
Our Core Values: Striving for excellence, Breaking new ground, Winning together
This role will be a hybrid Senior Sales Representative / Luminaire Business Development Specialist lead, located within a major metro in Colorado or Texas – location negotiable. The primary focus will be on product expertise, market expertise, competition expertise, sales analysis and customer facetime.
- Responsible for all product sales to a segment of electrical distributor partners within a designated territory; reports to Regional Sales Manager
- Acts as representative from the sales region to a national internal team working to drive channel FIXTURE strategy and VOC
- Works with National Accounts (end user) team as needed to develop and drive sales within the region
- Provides input regarding product development (incl. ODM projects) and advanced development of Luminaires, LED retrofit lamps, LED drivers & light engines and Smart products in the region
- Development of product innovations together with Strategic Marketing and Innovation Management
- Overall management and regional resource planning and allocation with regard to luminaire sales strategy
-The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the position’s expectations and responsibilities are met
- The successful candidate will be responsible for selectively growing LEDVANCE market share while maximizing profitability.
- Duties include managing sales territory within the Trade Channel, analyzing and acting on business opportunities to increase sales and profit thus achieving/exceeding territory budgeted sales objectives.
- Other duties include gathering accurate market intelligence of competitive activity and providing value added solutions for customers.
- The position requires a self-motivated individual who can operate independently and work remotely, but can also work collaboratively with other organizational resources. The position also calls for excellent organizational skills and a sales closer mentality.
The successful candidate must have a very strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.