Sr Special Technology Engineer II
Apply Job ID 16000063 Date posted 04/21/2020
The Senior Special Technology Engineer II primarily responsible for the design, implementation, testing and support the LED lighting products. The Senior Special Technology Engineer II will need to have strong analytical and technical skills on power electronics field related power converter topology, analog and digital circuit analysis, its testing and application for the product development and qualification.
• Actively works with Product Introduction Team to determine the technical solution that best meets the product requirements and specification
• Drive the technical effort to work with internal and external engineering team and ODM partners on product design and development
• Support and drive the product Specification and Compatibility testing for EC Drivers & LED Tubes
• Developing product test template that include the test requirement and procedure applicable per product specification
• Perform the lab testing such as electrical, thermal, EMI, system compatibility related to design feasibility and final product validation
• Review the test result and technical risk analysis
• New technology bench marking and scouting, Competitor bench marking on LED tubes, LED driver and LED lamp.
• Create and maintain the design documents such as BOM, Schematic, Test reports
• Interaction with quality team working on the field failure sample, thorough investigation on failure root cause analysis and technical feedback on further improvement on the product design as applicable.
• Support quality team in planning and developing reliability and certification test
• close interaction with sales, marketing and customers to answer the technical question related to system application, performance, ballast compatibility, product life, etc.
• Interaction with third party regulatory agency lab such as DLC, UL, FCC etc. for the product testing and approval.