Research & Business Analyst, Marketing Cloud DatabaseApply Job ID 6634746 Date posted 01/04/2018
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE is a worldwide leader in innovative lighting products as well as intelligent and connected lighting solutions (Smart Home). The company emerged from the classical lighting business of OSRAM and combines traditional general illumination with modern, forward-looking lighting technology.
LEDVANCE has very stable, long-standing customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe. We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
The company employs about 8,900 people, is active in more than 120 countries, and generated revenue of around €2 billion in its fiscal year 2014/15. LEDVANCE acts responsibly towards its customers, employees, business partners, society and the environment – at all its locations around the world.
The Marketing Cloud Database, Research & Business Analyst will be the company’s leading big data engineer / scientist for the Trade and Retail channel for US and Canada. The candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy along with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives the conceptual to reality. The key responsibilities for this role will be to research, discover, test, recommend and provide the programming for the cloud based platforms and architectural structures. These innovations enhance the productivity tools that provide instant access to critical sales management information and shows at a glance the greatest potential, risk & opportunities for our Sales Force.
In addition, the Marketing Cloud Database, Research & Business Analyst role must also provide in-depth qualitative and quantitative data analysis collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop a value proposition to assist management in formulation of new revenue opportunities, marketing policies, and problem solving techniques while enhancing the company’s best in class category management processes.
- Lead contact for our point-of-sale database which is a cloud based service (i.e.Google BigQuery).
- Utilize Python language and other key web based protocols to translate existing EDI files and automate uploading data to the cloud. Create & maintain dashboards with Tableau software that communicate with the Google Cloud Platform so that our sales team and category management can visualize and have access to weekly point of sales data. Create programs in Python that scrape (download) retailer websites for competitor products and product attributes.
- Perform category analysts with regards to the measuring, monitoring score-carding and publishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relating to improvements in sales, distribution, merchandising, pricing and promotions that drive category growth. Provide information to assist in the creation of an action plan and sales presentation to help close the opportunity gaps, optimize the category by filling the specific consumer needs and increase unit sales, dollar sales and dollar profits.
- Key point of contact for the outsourced category management point of sale system (database) -- Nielsen POS database for food, drug & mass to understand the lighting market position, and provide insights regarding merchandising strategies.
- Utility database support and provide internal and external customers support as to directional marketing insights (B2B and B2C) in report and graphic format including electronic mapping to the general illumination sales force as well as their customer base opportunities.
- Conduct regular analysis of all data and system components, and work with key stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, finance, operations & 3rd party vendors) to ensure accurate input into the plan – sell – execute cycle and continuous alignment with business strategies, objectives, and key performance measures.
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly submission of OSI sales data to NEMA; Assist with the preparation and distribution of OSI quarterly internal share reports using the NEMA market totals along with import data from the census; Attendance at the NEMA industry share group assisting with drafting industry data reporting/database policies and standards. Also, various market analysis projects.
- Position will require minimal travel
- Other duties as assigned
What we look for
- A renaissance mathematician and architect, who’s not afraid to pave the way for bigger and better things and can sculpt brilliant strategies from a mountain of data
- Ability to solve complex problems for issue resolution; creatively and resourcefully resolve elevated issues while applying sound judgment and accountability.
- Ability to write scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries and other various web based protocols
- Deep knowledge in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Understanding of emerging market to provide strong innovative solution statements allowing LEDVANCE and our customers to strength the market position while providing a viable revenue stream for General illumination.
- Understanding market intelligence and strategic orientation of the current lighting market and future market trends.
- Strong problem resolution and decision making skills and be able to resolve elevated issues, be creative and resourceful and display sound judgment and demonstrate accountability
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA degree in business, planning, engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience in the lighting industry
- 7 + years marketing, sales or data engineering experience and Masters or MBA is a plus
- Must demonstrate expert level of MS office programs, cloud based programing and database management
- In depth knowledge developing Dashboards with Tableau Desktop for publication on Tableau Online.
- Google Cloud Platform knowledge, specifically with Google BigQuery and connecting with Tableau.
- Knowledge of Python a plus but not required
- Knowledge of building databases and running queries.
- Valid driver’s license and able travel unassisted and without restrictions.
Job category: Salary
Job Family: Business Solutions Group
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.