Quality Engineer IIApply Job ID 10240216 Date posted 12/13/2018
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE LLC markets SYLVANIA lighting products (lamps, luminaires and smart technologies) for virtually all lighting applications for commercial office and industrial buildings, exterior lighting, and home. As a global lighting leader, we provide lighting solutions for virtually all applications – from traditional light sources, LED alternatives to smart lighting solutions (Smart Home).
We are a well-recognized world market leader and are now an exciting start-up company that has a great deal to offer our employees. This is an exciting time in our company as new technologies are rapidly replacing traditional light sources, creating demand for our lighting products.
LEDVANCE has, 100+ years of customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe.
We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
- Working under general management and with a high level of technical creativity, develops comprehensive approaches to meeting the technical Quality objectives of customer technical system analysis, interaction with Customers, Sales, Product Management, Marketing, R&D, Supplier Quality and Manufacturing to effectively resolve customer claims.
- Evaluate failed product to identify root cause. Propose design and process quality measures and systems to ensure product quality during design and manufacturing phases, often identified as a result of 8D Methodology for resolving the problem.
- Designing and installing quality control process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques for claim management.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment necessary to troubleshoot customer claims. Recommends revision of specifications when needed and collaborates with manufacturing plants to validate effectiveness.
- Provide first level technical support to customers for troubleshooting technical issues as well as responding to product safety and liability claims involving our product.
- Conduct customer site visits and report on results. Travel time can be up to 25%.
- Ensure that all claims handled are appropriately reported within Customer Quality Management so they become part of the feedback to the Business Unit Product, Quality and Supplier Managers
- Manage Claims; in a manner which reduces the overall cycle time to fully resolve the customer’s claim.
- Other duties as assigned
What we look for
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Entrepreneurial culture with the stability of over 100-years’ experience in the lighting business
- Endless rounds of coffee (the good kind!), and a lobby that puts on a pretty amazing light show
- Intelligent colleagues and leaders that will push your thinking
- A healthy café with tons of breakfast and lunch options
- And a gym that you’ll gain free access to on day 1
Job category: Salary
Job Family: QA
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.