Quality Assurance Technician - Contract ~6 Months
Apply Job ID 14965460 Date posted 01/23/2020
The Quality Engineering department is in need of a technician to support the quality engineers with the following tasks:
• Testing of lamps and fixtures for failure mode
• Troubleshooting cause of the failure
• Preparing product for testing; including internal transport, unboxing and lifting of product for staging
• Data Entry of testing results and claim resolution into claim resolution system.
• Responding to customer claims both written and verbally
The ideal candidate will have 2 – 6+ years of experience either as an electrical or electronics technician and/or equivalent in an engineering field. Preferred candidate will have experience with Six Sigma, 8D Methodology, FMEA and statistical methods in addition to exposure to SAP operating software. Experience with lighting and/or SMART product is a plus. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to write technical reports that will be provided to customers. Requires strong trouble-shooting skills and can identify root causes and propose solutions. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to enable internal team building and resolve customer disputes with external customers.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required. Flexible work hours considered after employee demonstrates ability to meet job targets individually.