Product Marketing Manager - ElectronicsApply Job ID 14568669776 Date posted 09/17/2021
The Product Manager Electronics/LED/Smart Home Products will have the following primary responsibilities:
1)To actively manage the current and future product portfolio for Electronic Ballasts, LED Drivers, LED Light Engines and Smart Home, that are to be sold by the LEDVANCE organization. Responsibilities will include direct interface with our Customer and the Retail, E-Commerce and Trade Channel Marketing team and Sales Managers to increase our sales volume. Close working relationship with the Sales organization is required to ensure an up to date and market competitive Product Portfolio. This position also requires internal and external company relationship building (Controlling, R&D, Channel Marketing, Supply Chain) and influencing our Customer partners to ensure LEDVANCE gets the highest allocation possible (i.e. share of wallet) at our customers.
2)The Product Manager will be responsible to develop a go to market strategy, developing marketing materials for field sales, working with Channel Marketing team to communicate product specifications and developing storyboards on market advantages of our products and LEDVANCE / Sylvania brand. They will deliver the VOC back into the product development cycle and ensure that we have a market leading product portfolio. The objective is to manage a Product Portfolio for the region Americas that will generate 3RDparty revenue in FY 16/17 of US$ 50+ Million.
- Manage the Product Portfolio of Electronic Ballasts, LED Drivers, LED Modules and Smart Home.
- Be able to support the Lamps Portfolio, Product Support and System (Lamps & EC) interface.
- Develop and manage the Product Roadmaps for the America’s region.
- Grow the Sales Program within the Trade, E-Commerce, Retail Channel.
- Create customer ready sales presentations for Trade and Retail channels.
- Support overall channel goals and objectives through the sales teams.
- Develop and present product specifications, market trends/competitiveness, and value proposition to the sales team.
- Develop relationship with Internal stakeholders to effectively achieve objectives.
- Understand the market dynamics and help deliver Voice Of Customer (VOC) in order to develop relevant products and product improvements that are required by our Trade and Retail Customers.
- Personally engage with customers to establish strong relationships.
- Understand and communicate technical issues and enhancements from customers back to product management and supplier.
- Perform strategic win / loss analysis to help optimize sales execution and drive product improvement and developments.
- 30% travel and external customer facing time required.
- Strong product knowledge on Electronic Drivers, LED Modules and Lamps, solid project management, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Smart Home products is a plus.
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated, with excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to work independently and productively.
- Understanding of the System sell approach and have knowledge of the operations between Electronic Drivers, LED Modules & Boards and Lamps.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to handle several tasks and juggle multiple priorities in a time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, develop strong relationships with Sales, Controlling, Supply Chain and R& D and lead a cross-functional team to successful product launches.
- Strong attention to detail and proven track record for following through.
- Able to work effectively as part of a Product Mgmt team, engage with the sales team and manage the objectives of a launching new Products.
- Solid understanding of financial concepts, understand the Market call lines, Market Price analysis, Product cost structure (incl. Product Bill of Materials) and drive Design to Cost programs..
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the LEDVANCE organization to effectively and professionally achieve business result.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MS degree; or equivalent work experience in the lighting or engineering field.
- 5+ years of a sales or product management experience.
- 5+ Technical product knowledge of Electronics and lighting related products – Lighting Certified is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, SAP.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map