Product Manager IApply Job ID 7896901 Date posted 04/21/2018
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE LLC markets SYLVANIA lighting products (lamps, luminaires and smart technologies) for virtually all lighting applications for commercial office and industrial buildings, exterior lighting, and home. As a global lighting leader, we provide lighting solutions for virtually all applications – from traditional light sources, LED alternatives to smart lighting solutions (Smart Home). We are a well-recognized world market leader and are now an exciting start-up company that has a great deal to offer our employees.
This is an exciting time in our company as new technologies are rapidly replacing traditional light sources, creating demand for our lighting products.
LEDVANCE has, 100+ years of customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe. We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
- Ownership of specific product lines/families; dictate direction of existing and extension products.
- Create and articulate the product’s reason to buy and consumer purchase strategy.
- Work with purchasing, R&D, and supply chain to launch products that meet the needs of the LEDVANCE sales team and the market.
- Own the product development, targeted channel/segment launch and inventory position.
- Manage the product portfolio from “cradle to grave” including effective product phase in and phase out planning.
- Write and clearly give presentations to management team and customers articulating product strategy.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology related field
- 5+ years’ experience in high technology such as solid state lighting, hardware/software/firmware development, networking solutions or automation technology
- Experience working with foreign contract manufacturers and service providers
- Effective presentation and written communication skills.
- Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Financial acumen as it relates to pricing and budget development.
- Experience in analyzing data and supporting planogram development.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to influence others with no direct reporting relationship
- A number of years in product management required with a deep understanding of retail and/or commercial business
- Previous, documented experience in working with a cross-functional team
- Knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse reporting systems a plusfamiliarity with LED and/or Lighting a positive
Job category: Salary
Job Family: Luminaires
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.