Procurement Commodity SpecialistApply Job ID 8470453 Date posted 06/25/2018
LEDVANCE LLC markets SYLVANIA lighting products (lamps, luminaires and smart technologies) for virtually all lighting applications for commercial office and industrial buildings, exterior lighting, and home. As a global lighting leader, we provide lighting solutions for virtually all applications – from traditional light sources, LED alternatives to smart lighting solutions (Smart Home).
We are a well-recognized world market leader and are now an exciting start-up company that has a great deal to offer our employees. This is an exciting time in our company as new technologies are rapidly replacing traditional light sources, creating demand for our lighting products.
LEDVANCE has, 100+ years of customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe. We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
- Manage vendors to adhere to corporate financial standards, guidelines and initiatives
- Project management: direct membership on product introduction teams, executing and managing fulfillment on procurement related tasks
- Drive and develop requests for quotation leveraging collaboration with peers in other cross functional groups (quality, R&D, product management, finance, etc.)
- Represents the company as the primary external contact for Procurement
- Evaluate market conditions for assigned commodities and purchased products and services, proactively contribute to strategic initiatives
- Coordinate supplier selection based on Total Cost of Ownership criteria(incl. quality, reliability, delivery, transport costs, etc.)
- Negotiation of purchasing contracts and pricing agreements
- Manage supplier performance evaluation
- Develop cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria
- Maintain ongoing assessment of sourcing risks and proposed alternatives
- Coordinate & support the business unit resources in supplier conversion
- Support Supply Chain as needed in order and delivery arrangements of supplies and materials
- Implement corporate process standards and concepts to achieve optimum benefits
- Achieve cost reduction and Contribution to Net Income targets in all venues and commoditiesIntensive Collaboration and Communication with cross-functions in the business unit
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the LEDVANCE organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
What we look for
- Bachelor Degree plus minimum of 8 years related experience to be proficient in role
- Purchasing experience in LED assemblies, luminaires preferred
- Familiarity with production and sourcing of electric and electro-mechanical parts & products and/or electronic manufacturing services (EMS) is preferred
- Knowledge of electronic products technology and or lighting products technology is required
- Project management skills with new product introductions
- Medium to advanced experience in supplier negotiation
- Strong Collaboration and Communication skills
- Experience working a multicultural global environment
- Must thrive in a team oriented environment working daily with peers in other functional groups to support the broader business objective
- Demonstrated self-initiative in previous positions with strong Customer Service focus
Job category: Salary
Job Family: Procurement/Purchasing
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.