Principal Packaging Engineer IIApply Job ID 8747994 Date posted 07/21/2018
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE LLC markets SYLVANIA lighting products (lamps, luminaires and smart technologies) for virtually all lighting applications for commercial office and industrial buildings, exterior lighting, and home. As a global lighting leader, we provide lighting solutions for virtually all applications – from traditional light sources, LED alternatives to smart lighting solutions (Smart Home).
We are a well-recognized world market leader and are now an exciting start-up company that has a great deal to offer our employees. This is an exciting time in our company as new technologies are rapidly replacing traditional light sources, creating demand for our lighting products.
LEDVANCE has, 100+ years of customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe. We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
- Provide strategic packaging engineering support for a large diverse consumer products company.
- Design, develop, test and specify primary, secondary, tertiary packaging and packaging systems for a wide range of lighting products in consumer / retail, industrial / commercial and specialty / export markets.
- Provide engineering support for packaging automation and productivity projects in the areas of material, labor and supply chain.
- Key contributor in new product innovation by working with R&D, Marketing & Supply Chain teams.
- Effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical expertise regarding packaging materials, packaging systems, and packaging design.
- Project management with frequent interaction with global manufacturing facilities and contract manufacturers.
- Identify, assess, and implement areas of opportunities.
- Develop and maintain packaging specifications and pallet and container configurations.
- Creation and maintenance of packaging specifications and bill of materials within the global master-data system.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement process improvements with lean manufacturing principles.
Job category: Salary
Job Family: Packaging/Marketing
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
What we look for
- BS Packaging Engineering and 3-5 years professional experience required.
- Experience in 3-D design and visualization (preferably Solidworks)
- Proficiency with Artios CAD.
- Experience in consumer / retail packaging including point of purchase displays, pallet packs, etc.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of packaging materials to include folding cartons, corrugated shipping cases, trays, dies cuts and displays, thermo / vacuum formed plastic parts and cushioning materials.
- Working knowledge of general MS Office applications, CAD / engineering documentation and pallet / truck / container optimization software.
- General knowledge of distribution, logistics and warehouse operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent creative problem solving skills.
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy.
- Domestic and International travel.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.