Packaging DesignerApply Job ID 7455372 Date posted 03/08/2018
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE is a worldwide leader in innovative lighting products as well as intelligent and connected lighting solutions (Smart Home). The company emerged from the classical lighting business of OSRAM and combines traditional general illumination with modern, forward-looking lighting technology.
LEDVANCE has very stable, long-standing customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe. We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
The company employs about 8,900 people, is active in more than 120 countries, and generated revenue of around €2 billion in its fiscal year 2014/15. LEDVANCE acts responsibly towards its customers, employees, business partners, society and the environment – at all its locations around the world.
We are currently seeking a talented Packaging Designer who is just as comfortable designing packaging structures as they are working with graphics. One day you may be developing, designing and validating packaging components and the next day you could be creating the new look and feel of our growing portfolio of lighting products.
- Design innovative packaging solutions to support brand development and distinction
- Further develop and reinforce the visual aspects of our packaging and brand identity
- Collaborate with suppliers and external agencies to develop packaging design, specifications and implement packaging improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organizational teams to ensure that an open line of communication and understanding of packaging and process needs are established
- Provide technical support for field issue resolution
What we look for
- A packaging engineer who understands packaging graphics and/or packaging designer; who isn’t afraid of CAD software
- Unique and strong combination of analytical and creative design skills
- Combination of strong problem resolution and decision making skills
- Ability to resolve elevated issues, be creative and resourceful and display sound judgment and demonstrate accountability
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge to identifying quality solutions
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or a related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Artios, including modeling techniques for packaging development
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid design aptitude with good hands-on skills
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals
- Knowledge of printing and packaging processes
Highlights you can expect:
- Opportunities for training and potential growth opportunities within the department
- Entrepreneurial culture with the stability of over 100-years’ experience in the lighting business
- Endless rounds of coffee (the good kind!), and a lobby that puts on a pretty amazing light show
- Intelligent colleagues and leaders that will push your thinking
- A healthy café with tons of breakfast and lunch options
- And a gym that you’ll gain free access to on day 1
Job category: Salary
Job Family: Engineering, Packaging, Graphic Design
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.