IT GeneralistApply Job ID 8425165 Date posted 06/19/2018
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE LLC markets SYLVANIA lighting products (lamps, luminaires and smart technologies) for virtually all lighting applications for commercial office and industrial buildings, exterior lighting, and home. As a global lighting leader, we provide lighting solutions for virtually all applications – from traditional light sources, LED alternatives to smart lighting solutions (Smart Home).
We are a well-recognized world market leader and are now an exciting start-up company that has a great deal to offer our employees. This is an exciting time in our company as new technologies are rapidly replacing traditional light sources, creating demand for our lighting products.
LEDVANCE has, 100+ years of customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe. We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
- Administer and maintain Windows\Linux servers both in VMware and Azure
- Develop scripting and\or other automation to help streamline administrative tasks
- Administer and support Microsoft technologies (O365, Active Directory, InTune), as part of a global team
- Provide strategic vision and recommendations based on research and knowledge of the latest IT trends
- Consistently strive to optimize and consolidate our environment
- Own and manage 2nd – 3rd level tickets escalations in a timely manner
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with our business, internal IT teams, and external service partners to achieve high quality delivery of services
- Assist our global license manager with software inventory reporting and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
What we look for
- Good knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience administering Linux servers
- Good scripting capabilities both in Linux and with PowerShell
- Knowledge in at least three of the following technology areas: O365, Windows Servers and Desktop administration, Microsoft Configuration Manager, InTune, VMware, Nagios
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms and concepts (Preferably Azure)
- Be a motivated, self-directed team player with the goal of “one global team”
- Strong drive for development and growth within the company
- Flexible and strategy oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to solve complex problems for issue resolution; creatively and resourcefully resolve elevated issues while applying sound judgment and accountability
- Strong problem resolution and decision-making skills; ability to resolve elevated issues
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying quality solutions
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the LEDVANCE organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a 4 year bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology
- 2+ years of related IT experience
Job category: Salary
Job Family: IT Operations
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.