Senior System Specialist (HR IT Systems)Apply Job ID 8425164 Date posted 06/19/2018
Your new responsibilities
LEDVANCE LLC markets SYLVANIA lighting products (lamps, luminaires and smart technologies) for virtually all lighting applications for commercial office and industrial buildings, exterior lighting, and home. As a global lighting leader, we provide lighting solutions for virtually all applications – from traditional light sources, LED alternatives to smart lighting solutions (Smart Home).
We are a well-recognized world market leader and are now an exciting start-up company that has a great deal to offer our employees. This is an exciting time in our company as new technologies are rapidly replacing traditional light sources, creating demand for our lighting products.
LEDVANCE has, 100+ years of customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe. We know all the requirements of the general illumination market and cater for the individual demands of our direct and indirect customers.
- PeopleSoft HR applications for U.S. and Canada (USC)
- Interfaces from PeopleSoft to vendors and others using PeopleSoft SQR
- Interface from PeopleSoft to payroll outsourcer
- Benefits feeds and applications
- Global LEDVANCE IT PA HR applications (e.g. SuccessFactors)
- Proactively addresses continuous improvement requests
- Create technical specification and test plans and write operational documentation for non-technical audience as needed
- Monitor critical business interfaces and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to implement new business process
- Resolve incidents, provide support to user community
- Support compliance requirements, IT standards, cost targets, and other organizational obligations
- Manage the project development life cycle for projects in area of responsibility; beginning with requirements definition, develop project proposals for area of responsibility.
- Manage activities for all approved projects, including budgeting, design, overseeing developments, installations, system testing, user acceptance, rollout and debugging, training and documentation and implementation and support planning.
- Use project management practices and tools to provide tracking information
- Provide support for other functional areas of the business that closely tie in to HR including Finance, Benefits, Pension, Compensation and GSS
- Assist with NAFTA Application IT Audit needs
- Assist in various areas when needed: administering document management system, defining and overseeing required monitoring tasks, coordinating external audit events, and gathering evidence for these events
- Supporting global IT PA HR applications when needed
- Responsible for tasks and responsibilities within the global IT PA HR team.
What we look for
- Expertise in PeopleSoft through prior work experience
- Ability to solve complex problems for issue resolution; creatively and resourcefully resolve elevated issues while applying sound judgment and accountability
- Demonstrated successful track record of effective management of outside contractors and/or vendors. Proven success in effectively managing through influence and directly by prioritizing tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadline.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the LEDVANCE organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Expertise in SAP SuccessFactors HR modules (Employee Central)
- 4 year college degree in computer science or business administration.
- 10+ years of relevant experience required that includes:
- PeopleSoft knowledge and experience in Payroll, Time and Labor,
- Knowledge in SuccessFactors desirable.
Job category: Salary
Job Family: IT
Job location: Wilmington, MA
Job schedule: Full-time
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.