Embedded Software Engineer for SMART productsApply Job ID 3336320752 Date posted 12/22/2020
The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing, testing and debugging of firmware programs for embedded device solutions. The successful candidate will possess strong technical skills relative to firmware development.
- Performs firmware coding and tests/debugs firmware programs. Cooperates with accountable Engineer or Project Management in developing the formulation logic for assigned parts of the firmware program.
- Prepares implementation plans and technical documentation of the firmware program steps.
- Performs the firmware programming and tests the functionality according to given specifications. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and systems standards.
- Consistently achieves target dates for assigned tasks aiding in on budget delivery of the project.
- Experience with assembly level and C/C++ language for Embedded system development.
- Experience with various communication protocols such as Bluetooth LE, Bluetooth Mesh, Wi-Fi.
- Experience with BLE protocol analyzers.
- Experience with microcontroller bases systems (ARM, Cortex M, etc.).
- Knowledge of GIT source control management system.
- Understanding of IoT Security and experienced with custom GATT profiles for BLE devices.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of overall IT architecture with knowledgeable and expertise of the operation of many technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA plus minimum 2 years relevant experience, or Masters degree, plus minimum 1 years relevant experience required.
- Incumbents may have 8-15 years related experience.
- This position is located in Wilmington, MA. This position requires the selected candidate to be on-site at our offices a minimum of 2 days per week, increasing up to 5 days per week as pandemic conditions allow.Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- There is no relocation assistance available with this position.
- This position is eligible for the LEDVANCE employee referral program.
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
- We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.