ECC Manager - Export Controls and Customs ExpertApply Job ID 33713066480 Date posted 08/02/2022
This position can be located in Wilmington, MA, Versailles, KY or Westfield, IN. The Role LEDVANCE LLC is seeking an experienced customs expert to oversee all US import and export activities, and to coordinate regional customs activities for our operations in the US, Canada, and Latin America. In this role, you will be overseeing the Export Control and Customs (ECC) activities for the US to ensure compliance with customs law. This includes managing the Internal Control Program (ICP), working with internal teams (supply chain, logistics, procurement, product management), and directly managing the work of our external customs brokers. You will also have responsibility for oversight of a regional team and will maintain and administer the compliance processes within “’ECC Region.”
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and internal guidelines and polices.
- Preparation and implementation of internal guidelines, polices and processes in accordance with applicable regulations
- Analyzing business and logistic processes regarding Export Control and Customs relevant issues and alignment of these processes, including integration of Export Control and Customs tools into local IT systems (master data bases and order processing systems, including establishment and maintenance of system documentation).
- Tracking legal changes and ensure the implementation (e.g., via CBP, regional Customs Authorities, etc.)
- Management of export control and customs product master data (including HTS classifications and tariffs)
- HTS Classification of goods: Analyzing products and classifying them in compliance with GRI guidelines and other statutory requirements (e.g., preference rules, export list, customs tariff).
- Implementation of guidelines, polices for and controlling of: o customs security programs including maintaining CTPAT certification
- Undertaking administrative tasks including Sanctioned Party List screenings, assistance with export documentation, running monthly entry summary data reports.
- Preparation and handling of export licenses as well as fulfillment of license conditions
- Application of appropriate customs procedures in order to minimize customs duties and taxes, including working with brokers to file PSCs and Protests where applicable
- Reporting in accordance with the company’s corporate reporting procedures (to CEO, Corporate ECC, and ECCS of the Region)
- Training of employees with responsibilities related to Export Control and Customs (e.g., supply chain, logistics, procurement)
- Coordination and representation of the company’s interests at national Government Authorities, Industrial Associations etc.
o import and export transactions as well as specials customs procedures such as PGA flags, GSP and USMCA certification
- Several years of experience as a customs import expert, knowledge of US Customs regulations
- Experience with HTS classification mandatory
- Experience with ACE reporting including AES filings, REV reports, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Teams, basic knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work independently, be detail-oriented and responsive, identify and resolve problems quickly with minimal guidance, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- US Customs Brokers license desired, but not required
- Organizational awareness & commitment, ability to deliver in fast-paced environment
- Relocation assistance and/or work sponsorship are not available with this position.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.