Distribution Center/Warehouse SupervisorApply Job ID 7078350208 Date posted 04/23/2021
Supervise assigned staff in all warehousing and distribution center processes such as receiving and shipping, picking, packing and loading shipments. Manage at a high level the safety program for the assigned staff.
- Supervise assigned staff in receiving and shipment of customer orders.
- Oversee the processing of packaging and storage of products, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with other DCs.
- Maintains inventory control by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Knowledge of distribution center and/or manufacturing environment.
- Be able to ensure the correct delegation, execution and follow up of work; and ensure quality standards and policies are being met and able to set expectations and manage a team.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in a unionized environment and in conjunction with Human Resources, as applicable.
- Strong problem resolution and decision making skills and be able to resolve elevated issues, be creative and resourceful and display sound judgment and demonstrate accountability .
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the LEDVANCE organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimally requires Associate degree plus 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Prior experience managing in a unionized environment.
- Proficient knowledge of SAP, Excel, Access, PQI and/or Lean Manufacturing training or experience preferred.
- Standard work hours will be 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Must be able to work alternative hours to cover vacation or other absences as needed.
Approximately 20% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.