Business Development Manager - Texas
Apply Job ID 13968695 Date posted 11/01/2019
Business Development Manager – Hybrid role – Dual responsibility to grow and develop overall lighting product sales with key national distributor partners in the state of TX as well as championing the development and evolution of the company’s evolving luminaire business within a multi-state sales region. Responsible for the sales results and development of the lighting business in the assigned territory, working and coordinating with existing and potential partners. Other important areas will include CRM, pricing, product strategy deployment, distribution structure and brand development for this region. This position requires a self-driven, entrepreneurial spirit who is also willing to cold call on end users to explore and develop energy-saving lighting solutions.
1. Use market knowledge and insights from customers to actively recommend the successful and profitable introduction and development of new products.
2. Lead business development for key distributor partners in this region; successful candidate must understand and function as a trusted advisor for customers regarding all trends and lighting market developments.
4. Develop short/medium/long-range sales plans to pursue key targets, delivering bottom line results and profitable margins.
5. Lead an effective, efficient approach by executing sales plans and also responding to requests by customers and/or management within the designated region.
6. Jointly set and also have a fiscal responsibility for sales activity within region.
7. Schedule, prepare and deliver sales presentations to targeted partners and identified targets.
8. Follow, analyze, and review industry, market and sales trends to assist in identifying emerging segment formats and/or prospective accounts. Develop market data criteria in conjunction with the Business Intelligence Team to access market trends.
10. Provide input to marketing teams as they develop marketing communication materials to build end-user awareness and pursue LEDVANCE business objectives.
11. Apply a logical and processed approach while remaining flexible and entrepreneurial in nature, ensuring that the customer’s voice is heard.
12. Perform other duties to support the Regional Sales Manager as assigned and necessary.