Sales Manager for Lighting Products - Trade Channel - covering East / NortheastApply Job ID 3336320816 Date posted 12/22/2020
- Candidate can be located in the East/Northeast region.
- High profile position within the Trade (C&I) Channel, responsible for key account sales management activities in the lighting and electrical market.
- Motivates, coaches and drives a field sales force – both factory and external sales agent – to grow business, take share and lead the market.
- Manages the regional business to achieve maximum sales, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and develops strong relationships with key distributor partners in the region, acting as primary interface and voice of the customer to internal teams in operations, finance, business unit segments, and marketing teams.
- Develops, implements, tracks, and reports on regional sales growth plans and target account opportunities.
- Provides overall management expertise for assigned key accounts with focus on product mix, new product introductions, and a focus on increasing share.
- Accurately provides the business, via input from the field sales team, with forecasts and opportunity pipeline data on a monthly and annual basis.
- Carries region sales targets based on current customer mix, new business development and new product introductions.
- Participates in strategy setting for the electrical distribution channel and ensures sales objectives are met through teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Motivates, leads and manages a direct sales force and drives individual contributors to achieve success.
- Motivates and manages an indirect sales force of sales agents in a HYBRID direct/indirect sales model; resolves conflicts and engages in partner negotiation when necessary.
- Communicates market trends, competitive info, new opportunities and the voice of the customer to the sales & marketing team.
- Must be located within the geography of the region (roughly Maine to Virginia); frequent regional and overnight travel required.
- Be able to ensure the correct delegation, execution and follow up of work and ensure quality standards and policies are being met; able to set expectations and manage a team.
- Provide disciplined performance management for sales team; define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong relationship-development skills to solidify long-term, mutually beneficial customer relationships.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal stakeholders and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to solve complex problems andcreatively and resourcefully resolve elevated issues while applying sound judgment and accountability.
- Strong financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests from upper management, as well as collaborate with others in identifying quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines in a high-volume environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BS plus 10 years’ experience, or Master’s degree plus minimum 8 years’ experience in the lighting, electrical or related industry selling through distributor wholesaler partners.
- Candidate needs to demonstrateextensive experience and proven track record with leadership of an outside sales team.
There is no relocation assistance with this position or work sponsorship.
Position is eligible for the LEDVANCE employee referral program.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View map
There does not appear to be any other jobs in the same city with this category We suggest you try viewing all of our available opportunities.